Volunteer Partnerships for West Africa is a development NGO based in Ghana implementing strategic programs in deprived communities in Western Africa. They work closely with international volunteers in diverse thematic areas. Our most distinguished partner, VPWA was founded in 2007 and has been under the continual direction of Ghanaian Social Entrepreneur Hayford Siaw.
TransCAP Foundation is proud to support a number of initiatives through VPWA:
- Internship and Volunteer Placements in Ghana for students, social workers, journalists, architects, health practitioners and many other professionals.
- Parasite treatment programmes, including the annual Deworm Ghana day and Kick Malaria Out (KMO project)
- Construction and Equipping of rural clinics
- Vocation and entrepreneurship training of disadvantaged populations
- VPWA Children Centre which provides care, support and educational opportunity for orphan and vulnerable children
- The Street Library, a set of mobile libraries serving remote villages
Visit us on www.vpwa.org