HEALTHCARE AND HEALTH PROMOTION
The integration of our healthcare and health promotion (including HIV
prevention) services is an acknowledgement of the interconnection of these areas in the
lives of our clients. We have often found that a client coping with poor physical health or
mental stresses who is accessing TransCAP services is also challenged in maintaining healthy
behaviors that would consistently reduce their risk of acquiring HIV, hepatitis or other
STDs. This is even especially true for the client who is experiencing chaotic difficulties
in accessing community health facilities. In addition, we know that clients in our
HIV service programs (who are already living with HIV) who are practicing unsafe sexual
behaviors for financial and emotional support are not only putting themselves at risk for
re-infection and other harm but, as well, unintentionally putting others at risk for HIV
In our health service program, we would inform these clients of internal and external
services that could assist them in addressing these areas, but as independent discrete
programs (operating with their own limited resources) coordination was a continuous challenge.
With your financial donation the TransCAP Foundation will be able to provide many of our
greatest barriers to testing and treatment through:
(1) increased service hours for programs;
(2) improve access to health care and medical prevention needs;
(3) resources to expand and enhance our contracts with private providers for whom support is most needed by our clients;
(4) resources to improve our employer incentive program to employ our
(5) expanding and updating existing services to bridge cultural differences in information and service distribution.
We believe that all of these efforts will enable our clients to have a
greater chance of stabilization and attaining better health.